BCAS is a legal and regulatory consultancy firm set up in 2017. We service an international portfolio of clients operating within the crypto and blockchain industry. Our service offering spans multiple jurisdictions such as Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Malta and Singapore, and consists of various service lines such as regulatory advisory and compliance, technical advisory, assistance with licence applications, token analysis and checks, and corporate structuring.
BCAS is looking to recruit a lawyer experienced in financial services and crypto-assets to join its fast-growing team. You will be working on regulatory matters falling within the scope of the European Union and Maltese legislative frameworks as well as have the opportunity to touch upon regulatory matters pertaining to other jurisdictions across other continents. Variety and novelty of work are one of the benefits for this role, as well as being exposed to some of the most prominent players in the industry. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly experienced and driven team, with ample flexibility and support to further one’s knowledge and professional development.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be:
- Providing legal support and regulatory advice to clients, primarily in relation to crypto-assets, company law, investment services, financial institutions, capital markets and funds;
- Drafting of legal opinions, including amongst others, classifying tokens/crypto-assets under various legal regimes;
- Drafting and reviewing of agreements, policies, procedures or any other documents required by clients and/or BCAS;
- Communicating effectively with external parties, including local and foreign competent authorities and external consultants;
- Assisting clients with licence applications, including drafting/ reviewing of business plans and liaising with competent authorities.
- Keeping up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business, including the financial services and crypto-asset sectors.
- A graduated lawyer with at least three years’ worth of hands-on experience in investment services, financial institutions and/or capital markets and a keen interest in following the latest developments across such industries, particularly the crypto-asset industry;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who also have additional experience or working knowledge in data protection and intellectual property law.
- A strong grasp of company law, contract law, European Union law and financial services legislation;
- Strong client relationship management skills, able to communicate effectively through various channels;
- A personality driven by excellence with a high-standard service mentality when dealing with clients and third-parties;
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remaining composed under pressure; and
- Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written is a must.
If you believe your career objectives match this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter using the form below.